Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spork Talk


By LC Cokinos

Behold the spork- it's a spoon, it's a fork, but one thing it is not is a knife.

Last time I went to school we had chicken parmesan for lunch, and I am here to tell you it can't be cut with a spork. Scored yes, but cut, no. The kids around me were as challenged as I was. You could pick it up with your fingers, but this meal comes with a one-ply napkin no thicker than a tissue and things get really messy really fast. Plus the modern age spork is truly flimsy.

I think you could safely hand them out in prisons. It might be a small thing in the big picture of school food issues, but it is something to think about- either the food needs to be spork consistency, or we need to look into the utility of our utensils.

Still life with spork: lunch was chicken parmesan, whole wheat noodles and salad.

1 comment:

  1. Watch anyone try to eat cereal with milk with one? What a mess.

    ReplyDelete