Friday, March 25, 2011

What's for Breakfast: Oatmeal with Peaches

Ed Bruske
aka The Slow Cook
Here's a pretty simple breakfast that combines grain and fruit. Instead of serving the peaches in a plastic cup on the side, the canned fruit is mixed right in with the oatmeal.
These are regular Quaker quick oats, pretty simple to make, but I've seen horrible results in the past. At the school my daughter attended last year, the kitchen seemed incapable of getting the oatmeal right. It landed on the tray like a baseball, all dry and clumped together into a ball.
My daughter is so picky, she'd never even try oatmeal like this. But I did, and I thought it was pretty good--lots better thant the sugary branded cereals the kids were getting last year. There's enough sugar in that container of Stonyfield yogurt, and in the fruit juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment